Hi! I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but I'll give it my best shot. So, here's my attempt at making a change. Today, everyone seems obsessed with Facebook. And I'll be the first to admit, I am one of the worst. It's great to be able to keep in touch with those special friends that I miss so much.
But I've come to realize that I've become, frankly, obcessed. And I'm addicted to enough things already (cigarrettes, good music, reality TV, the list goes on...), so why make it worse? So...I'm saying goodbye to FB and hello to blogging! This makes more sense, right? More personal, or something, I don't know.
And the main reason I'm going to try this, is for Hudson's sake. He is hysterical, and this will give me an outlet to remember our funny moments, and to share with family and friends who love us. And if no one every reads them, then that's okay - at least I'll have them to look back on and be grateful. Plus, one day, I want to be able to show Hudson how much, and how quickly, he's grown. He's almost two years old (what?!?), and every day flies by so quickly that often, I'll glance up and the time is just...gone. How is this possible? I hear my English students (11th and 12th grade) complaining about how time just crawls by, and I think, "Are you kidding? Hold on to it! Don't waste it!" I remember how they feel, though. When I couldn't wait to be 16, or 18, or 21. (The year I was 20 years old was the longest in my life!) Good grief. What was I thinking? ;)
So here's my attempt to slow things down. I'm a teacher in a small town, and I've been married for a little longer than three years to the love of my life, Kelly. We are the parents of the most precious, sweet, stubborn, into-everything, wild little man ever. Hudson has reminded us of how blessed we are, and boy does he keep us on our toes!
So that's it. If I can ever figure out how to post this thing, then YAY!...and I'll post again soon.
From me to you,
Judith Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment