I've got to start this update by bragging a bit about Hudson. He's growing so fast, I just know if I don't set it down in writing, I'll never remember all that he's doing these days...
So two weeks ago, we had a very big day. Hudson shared his first complete (verbal) thought with us! After his bath (his favorite part of the day, I might add), I laid him down on the bed to get dressed in his PJs and start our nighttime ritual. As soon as he was down, out pops, "Nite Nite, Daddy"! Kelly wasn't even in the room yet, but he got there fast! It was so precious.Kelly was absolutely elated about it. I love that the two men in my life already share a bond with one another. I think I'm going to be outnumbered for the next decade or so :)
Then two days ago, we got another addition to Hudson's ever-growing vocabulary. Not only did my dad (grandpa name = Bobbert) get a "Bye, bye Bob", but I finally got my very own good night from him. Yay! I think Robert was probably more excited that I was. It was so sweet.
I get questions sometimes about Hudson's feet. He was born with his feet facing each other, especially his left one. Technically, he was classified as having club feet. We were so worried when we first found this out, and when we were told that he'd have to have surgery and would need to wear special shoes until he was three years old...but I must say, after the initial shock and efforts to figure things out, we have had no problems whatsoever. His feet look completely normal now, and he walks (and runs :) just like every other perfectly healthy toddler on the planet. Wearing his shoes with their connecting bar hasn't even been much of an issue - it's just part of our nightly routine. Although, I must say, I'm a little worried about what we'll do when it's time to potty train our little monster....stay tuned!
In closing, I want to say a big shout-out to Rylynn, our very own little angel on this earth. This baby girl is two years old, and was in desperate need for a heart transplant - and she got one about a week ago! This gift is the answer to so many prayers out there, and proof that God hears us all. The McGhee's feel blessed to know her, her sweet parents, and her uplifting story, and we thank Him every day for the miracles he gives us. Go Rylynn Go!!!
From me to you...
Judith Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment